Monday, May 9, 2022

Kiss Me at the Stroke of Midnight, Vol. 5

Today’s post is on Kiss Me at the Stroke of Midnight, Vol. 5 by Rin Mikimoto. It is 192 pages long and is published by Kodansha Comics. The cover has Kaede and Hinana on it. As it is the fifth in the series, you need to have the first four volumes. The intended reader is someone who likes shojo manga, vague re-retellings of fairy tales, and cute characters. There is no foul language, no sex, and no violence in this manga. The story is told from third person close of the different characters moving from character to character as the story needs. There Be Spoilers.

From the back of the book- After seeing Kaede at Lockheart Castle, Hinana rests assured that her beloved has eyes only for her … until a surprise visit from Kaede’s manager brings some unexpected news. Kaede’s ex-girlfriend is still in love with him, and she’s decided to try to get him back!


Review- The story continues from the last volume with Kaede working a lot on a series with his ex and Hinana realizing that being with him has some serious downsides. But the big problems in this volume is Kaede’s ex and Hinana’s friend, both admit that they love Kaede and Hinana respectively. Ai-chan didn’t mean to tell Hiana but now that he has, I know that it will cause some issues and Shu, Kaede’s ex, is now threatening Hinana by saying that she will publish photos of her and Kaede and that will ruin Kaede’s career. I hope that the drama with Kaede’s ex does not last too long but I am still enjoying this series and I am curious about what is going to happen next. 


I give this volume a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.


No comments:

Post a Comment