Friday, November 12, 2021

The Last Word

Today’s post is on The Last Word by Ellery Adams. It is 313 pages long and is published by Berkley. The cover has a house with a broken window and a big poodle, Captain Havland in front. There is mild foul language, very mild sex and sexuality, and some violence in this book. As it is the third volume in the series and you need to have read the first two to understand the characters. The intended reader is someone who likes cozy mysteries, character driven stories, and very pleasant writing.  The story is told from third person close of the main character, Olivia. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the blurb on Hoopla- Olivia Limoges and the Bayside Book Writers are excited about Oyster Bay's newest resident: bestselling novelist Nick Plumley, who's come to work on his next book. But when Olivia stops by Plumley's rental she finds that he's been strangled to death. Her instincts tell her that something from the past came back to haunt him, but she never expects that the investigation could spell doom for one of her dearest friends...


Review- This continues to be a wonderful found family series with a mystery to tie it all together. Olivia is continuing to grow and change as she comes out of the shell that she made of herself. The murder is a backdrop to the characters and their growth, and I am here for it. I like all the characters in this series from Olivia as she tries to change into a better person to the Bay Side writers and the sheriff. They are the reason you read the series, you want to spend time with the characters and watch them grow. Olivia continues to be a fairy godmother to everyone she meets but I like that about her. I like that she wants to help others and uses what she has to do so. I look forward to the next volume. 


I give this volume a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I borrowed this book from my local library’s Hoopla account.


No comments:

Post a Comment