Monday, July 5, 2021

I Was Reincarnated as the Villainess in an Otome Game but the Boys Love Me Anyway!, Volume 1

Today’s post is on I Was Reincarnated as the Villainess in an Otome Game but the Boys Love Me Anyway!, Volume 1 by ATAKA, Sou Inaida (Contributor), Hachipisu Wan. It is 184 pages long and is published by Tokyopop. The cover is a beautiful illustration of Mystia and Raid. The intended reader is someone who likes isekai manga and otome game tropes. There is no foul language, no sex, and no violence in this manga. The story is told from third person close of the main characters moving as the chapters end. There Be Spoilers Ahead.


From the back of the book- Fated to die as the villainess of an otome game, Mystia sets out to change her own unhappy ending!

Mystia Aren is the daughter of a noble family, and she just started high school. She’s surrounded by a group of adoring classmates and her charming fiancé. Everything seems perfect.

Except that this world is actually a dating sim called Kyun-Love, and Mystia knows she's been reincarnated into the role of the main character's evil rival! Mystia is determined to do everything she can to avoid her fate, but it’s not as easy as it sounds. Especially when all the boys keep falling in love with her! 


Review- A fun new isekai manga in the otome style, right up my alley. Mystia died in her first life and has been reincarnated into a new one but she still has memories from her first one. So that’s the set-up for this type of manga and I enjoy it. Mystia is a good main character but she doesn’t understand how her actions will change the world around her. This manga is just like My Next Life as a Villainous’, but played seriously not for laughs. I think it works and I would like to see where the story is going as I haven’t read the light novel it is based on. I want to the meet the ‘real’ heroine and see what happens next. If you like otome isekai stories then you should give this one a try. 


I give this manga a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.


No comments:

Post a Comment