Monday, March 1, 2021

Kiss Him, Not Me!, Vol. 2

Today’s post is on Kiss Him, Not Me!, Vol. 2 by Junko. It is 160 pages long and is published by Kodansha. The cover has all five main characters on it. As it is the second volume in the series you need to have read the first volume to understand the story. The intended reader is someone who likes shojo manga, comedy manga, and gag manga. There is no foul language, no sex, and no violence in this manga. The story is told from third person close of Kae. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Hi there! It's Kae again. When I go to school every day, it feels like I’m walking into a real life dating game. Four of the hottest guys in my school are with me everywhere I go! The school festival is coming up and I’ve been put in charge of making the boys outfits for a cosplay cafĂ©. Do you know what this means? That’s right, I get to see them all in costume! I have lived for this day, and this day alone. I’m brimming with excitement to go full-throttle fujoshi on those boys! But wait! Last night before the festival, Igarashi-kun was acting kind of weird, wasn’t he? And now, it’s the day of the event and crazy things keep happening to me with these four beautiful boys! My heart won’t stop pounding! This is way too real for me. I want to go back to my fantasies!!

Review- So this volume is really starting to get into the meat of the series with Kae, dealing with the attentions of the male leads and she is imploding. She does not know what to do. She does not want to hurt anyone’s feelings but she doesn't know if she wants a romantic relationship with any of them. But the humor of the series is really getting going with Kae having a overactive imagination and the boys just not understanding that, with the exception of her senior. Fun volume and I look forward to reading more.

I give this volume a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I borrowed this manga from a friend. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment