Monday, December 7, 2020

Daytime Shooting Star, vol.2

Today’s post is on Daytime Shooting Star, vol.2 by Mika Yamamori. It is 187 pages long and is published by Shojo Beat. The cover is pink with the girls of the cast on it. There is no foul language, no sex, and no violence in this manga. The intended reader is someone who likes high school romance manga and coming of age stories. The story is told from third person close of the main character Suzume. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Suzume has moved to Tokyo and is living with her uncle. She soon realizes that she is attracted to her homeroom teacher, Mr. Shishio. Although she tries to deny her feelings, they only grow stronger. But then her classmate Mamura does something that leaves her speechless! 

Review- We are setting into the plot of this series with Suzume realizing that she has feelings for her homeroom teacher. Of course that happens at the end of the volume but we see the build-up all volume long. Add in her classmate Mamura realizes that he likes Suzume and we have a right mess going on.  This volume is about Suzume and Mamura realizing their feelings and now we get to see what they do with them. I am uncomfortable with the idea of a teacher student love story and so I looked up the ending before I committed myself fully to this series. I am not going to spoil it in my reviews but I am now willing to read this series and go on this journey with the characters.

I give this manga a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money. 


No comments:

Post a Comment