Friday, May 29, 2020

Bloodborne: The Veil Torn Asunder Part 1


46123537. sy475

Today's post is on Bloodborne: The Veil Torn Asunder Part 1 by by Aleš Kot and illustrated by Piotr Kowalski. It is 32 pages long and is published by Titan Comics. The cover has a hunter jumping on some prey. The intended reader is someone who is interested in the world of Bloodborne and seeing more of it. There is no foul language, no sex, and some violence in this comic. The story is told from third person close of the unnamed main character. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From Hoopla's page- The city of Yharnam: an ancient, gothic metropolis and home to the Healing Church.
The Healing Church is known for its miraculous blood-based curatives, of which many – citizens and travelers alike – seek to exploit.
Recent days have seen the city fall foul to a nightmarish plague known as the Ashen Blood disease, the source of which remains a mystery.
Trapped in a threatening world of gods and monsters, where reality is never what it seems, one man resolves to welcome the madness, and the truth it may reveal…

Review- Another new story in the world of Bloodbrone. We follow a unnamed character this time and he is going mad. He was researching something about the Old Ones but in the process he is losing his minds as happens. Again like in the Song of Crows we do not have a lot of written story telling but mostly in the art. I would like to know what he was looking for and why was he researching the Old Ones. Is he trying to deal with the Ashen Plague or something else? I still like the series but I am wanting more from it. I want more answers about the characters, who they are, and what drives them. Kot has been given more to create and I feel that he is just poking the lore and the setting instead of really engaging with it. I am going to see this arc to the end but right now I am not expecting too much.

I give this volume a Three out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I borrowed this comic using my local library's Hoopla account.

No comments:

Post a Comment