Friday, November 15, 2019

The Sacrifice Box


37506333

Today’s post is on The Sacrifice Box by Martin Stewart. It is 358 pages long and is published by Viking. The cover is white with a box in the center lid up and something looking out from it. The intended reader is someone who likes horror stories. There is mild foul language, no sex, and some violence in this novel The story is told from third person close of the different characters moving as the story does. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the dust jacket- In the summer of 1982. Five friends discover an ancient stone box hidden deep in the woods. They seal inside of it treasured objects from their childhoods, and the make a vow
Never come to the box alone.
Never open it after dark.
Never take back your sacrifice.
Four years later, a series of strange and terrifying events begins to unfold: mirrors inexplicably shattering, inanimate beings coming to life, otherworldly crows thirsting for blood. Someone broke the rules of the box, and now everyone has to pay.
But how much are they willing to sacrifice?

Review- In the vein of Stranger Things and the other 1980’s nostalgia The Sacrifice Box does similar things. We have a group of friends who make a promise to each other and put things into a mysterious box, we have creepy things happening, we have family drama, and all the hallmarks. But it is just okay, not bad but nothing really jumped out to me other than one needless death that was just to pull on heart strings but because I knew that what it is was for so it just annoyed me. The writing is fine, the characters do not break any molds but either do they really do anything interesting, I guessed who broke the rules but the reason did surprise me. If you really enjoy the return of the 1980’s then you should check this out but if you looking for something new in horror then I would recommend a pass in this one.

I give this book a Three out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I borrowed this book from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment