Friday, January 25, 2019

Bloodborne Issue #2


39002463

Today's post is on Bloodborne Issue #2 by Ales Kot, illustrated by Piotr Kowalski and Brad Simpson. It is 29 pages long and is published by Titan Comics. The cover has the hunter and the paleblood child on it. The intended reader is someone who has read the first issue. There is no foul language, no sex, but there is violence in this issue. The story is told from third person close of the hunter. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Awakening in an ancient city plagued by a twisted endemic – where horrific beasts stalk the shadows and the streets run slick with the blood of the damned – a nameless hunter embarks on a dangerous quest in search of paleblood. Written by Image Comics superstar Ales Kot!

Review- Another excellent issue in this series. We pick up right we left off with the nameless hunter taking the paleblood child and running from the beast that hunts for it. We get to see more of the hunter and the dark world of Bloodborne as they run from the beast into other monsters of the night. We see the hunter's face but that does not really make her seem more personal and more importantly we see what the paleblood child can do. The art is great with details but I did not feel grossed out by the blood and gore that is everything in the story and the game. I am very curious about the paleblood child and I keep remembering from when I played the game that there was always talk of the paleblood but I do not recall if I ever really learned anything about them. Probably just missed some lore on an item but that is part of why I am enjoying this comic so much, is to learn more about the world that I missed in my playing of the game. I cannot wait to read the next issue.

I give this issue a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I borrowed this issue from my local library's Hoopla account.

No comments:

Post a Comment