Monday, November 19, 2018

Takane & Hana, volume 1


36081707

Today's post is on Takane & Hana, volume 1 by Yuki Shiwasu. It is the first volume on her Takane & Hana series. It is 200 pages long and is published by Shojo Beat. The cover has Takane & Hana on with money flying around them. The intended reader is someone who likes ridiculous, over-the-top comedy. There is no foul language, no sex, and no violence in this manga. The story is told from Hana's perspective. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- After her older sister refuses to go to an arranged marriage meeting with Takane Saibara, the heir to a vast business fortune, high schooler Hana Nonomura agrees to be her stand-in to save face for the family. But what happens when Hana meets Takane is an unexpected pairing of utter opposites!
The meeting between Takane and Hana ends in an explosive manner, and Hana is convinced that she’ll never have to see that awful Takane again. But Takane actually seems interested in Hana! Exasperated by Takane’s immature attitude, yet amused and intrigued despite herself, Hana embarks on a hilarious journey with Takane that just might lead to love!

Review- This series is so funny. Hana is so smart and quick-thinking and Takane is over-the-top hilarious. The basic is as the blurb says but add in a lot of gags like Takane being dumb about all things normal and being too busy trying to get one over on Hana but it never really works. The age difference is a big point of the plot with them both being very aware of it but it is not illegal and it is handled with humor and care. I never felt uncomfortable with Hana and Takane's interactions. I had a good time reading this manga but I can see where it would not be for everyone. I, personally, look forward to reading more because I enjoyed it.

I give this volume a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment