Friday, November 3, 2017

A Killer Plot


7689099

Today's post is on A Killer Plot by Ellery Adams. It is 313 pages long and is published by Berkely. It is the first in her Books by the Bay Mysteries. The cover is a pretty picture of a lighthouse with a big dog on the front. The intended reader is someone who likes cozy mysteries, fun plots, and cute characters. There is mild foul language, no sex, and no violence in this book. The story is told from third person close of the main character. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- In the small coastal town of Oyster Bay, North Carolina, you'll find plenty of characters, ne'er-do-wells, and even a few celebs trying to duck the paparazzi. But when murder joins this curious community, the Bayside Book Writers are there to get the story... 
Olivia Limoges is the subject of constant gossip. Ever since she came back to town-a return as mysterious as her departure-Olivia has kept to herself, her dog, and her unfinished novel. With a little cajoling from the eminently charming writer Camden Ford, she agrees to join the Bayside Book Writers, break her writer's block, and even make a few friends...
But when townspeople start turning up dead with haiku poems left by the bodies, anyone with a flair for language is suddenly suspect. And it's up to Olivia to catch the killer before she meets her own surprise ending.

Review- A cute cozy start to a cozy mystery series. The setting was really great for this series and I liked that Olivia is not an easy character. I liked that she was unfriendly at times, that she was difficult, and that she a loner; I enjoyed her. The other characters were good too adding to the story because they were so different from Olivia. I look forward to getting to know them in the series as we go along. The mystery is good with lots of plot twists and I did not guess the villain but I was just so busy enjoying the story that I wanted to be surprised and I was. Not perfect with some small plot holes and thin characters for some of the background characters but I still had a really good time with this novel.

I give this Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I borrowed this book my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment