Friday, July 29, 2016

Magic Bleeds


6479550

Today's post is on Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews. It is the fourth in her Kate Daniels series and as such you need to have read the the first three to understand the story. It is 367 pages long and is published by Ace. The cover has Kate and Curran on it looking fierce. There is language, sex, and lots of violence in this book and series. The inteded reader is someone who likes urban fantasy, lots of action, and good writing. The story is told from first person perspective Kate. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Atlanta would be a nice place to live, if it weren't for the magic. When the magic is up, rogue mages cast their spells and monsters appear, while guns refuse to fire and cars fail to start. But then technology returns, and the magic recedes as unpredictably as it arose.
Kate Daniels works for the Order of Knights of Merciful Aid, officially as a liaison with the mercenary guild. Unofficially, she cleans up the paranormal problems no one else wants to handle - especially if they involve Atlanta's shapeshifting community. When she's called in to investigate a fight at the Steel Horse, a bar on the border between the territories of the shapeshifters and the necromancers, Kate quickly discovers that there's a new player in town. One who's been around for thousands of years - and who rode to war at the side of Kate's father. This foe may be too much even for Kate and Curran, the Beast Lord, to handle. Because this time Kate will be taking on family.


Review- The best Kate Daniels yet.Lots of things come to a head in this book and I loved it. We get more information about Kate, Roland, the vampires, what Curran is, and so much more. In addition we get Kate and Curran deciding to start their real relationship. I have enjoyed every Kate Daniels that I have read but this one feels so much more than the previous ones. The stakes were so high and I was worried about what Kate was going to do. I knew that she would win but what would she do to make that happen? Curran made me laugh but I wanted to kill him at times too. Just like Kate. I forward to seeing where we are going next.

I give this book a Five out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this book with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment