Monday, May 13, 2013

Midnight's Master

Midnight's Master (Dark Warriors, #1)

Today’s post is on “Midnight’s Master” by Donna Grant. It is the first in a new series called the Dark Warrior’s. It is 370 pages long including an excerpt from the second novel Midnight’s Lover. It is published by St. Martin’s Paperbacks. The intended reader is someone who likes paranormal stories with strong romance themes. The cover has two figures the female lead is looking over the male leads shoulder at the reader and the male lead has his back to the reader with a knife in his hand behind his back while he is looking into the distance. There is sexuality in this book so over 18 just to be safe. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- A MYSTERY OUT OF TIME
Gwynn Austin has no idea why her father has disappeared on a mysterious trip to Scotland. When she goes on a desperate mission to search for him, she finds more than she bargains for in a ruggedly handsome, wickedly exciting Highlander who exudes danger and mystery. And when she discovers her own link to Scotland, she’ll have to trust her heart to help her…
A LEGEND IN THE FLESH
Propelled through time by powerful Druid magic, Logan Hamilton uses his immortality and powers of the god inside him to help prevent the awakening of an ancient evil in the modern world. He never expects to find help in the form of a beautiful, alluring, and all too tempting woman whose passion and strength match his own. Together, Logan and Gwynn must fight for their love- before a demon from the past destroys them both…

Review- I did enjoy this novel. There is nothing surprising in, it does not reinvent the genre but it is not bad. The plot is fun, the characters are engaging, I liked the world. The magic in this world is mysterious but fun and I hope that Grant explains how it works more as the series continues. The hero is probably an alpha male but I did not find him unbearable and the heroine is brave and interesting. This is a continuation of an earlier series that I have not read but it is not a disadvantage as Grant explains everything in a manageable way. Now I do not care about sex scenes so I cannot really give an opinion on them but there are three of them just to warn you. The only thing that I really did not buy about this world was one of the villains. Gwynn’s father is one of the villains but I really did not buy his villainy. It was cheap to me, pulled out just to make his standing with the other villains believable. He feels like a wooden villain just there to move the story along in a certain way. Other than that it was a pretty good read. A nice way to spend a weekend as I did.

I give this book Four out Five stars. I get nothing for my review. This book was bought for me as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment