Monday, June 24, 2024

Prince Freya, Vol. 2

Today's manga post is on Prince Freya, Vol. 2 by Keiko Ishihara. It is 192 pages long and is published by Shojo Beat. The cover has Alek on with his brother reflected in his sword. As it is the second volume in the series, you need to have read the first volume to understand the story. The intended reader is someone who likes intense plots with wars themes. There is some mild foul language, no sex, and violence in this manga. The story is told from third person close of Freya. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the manga- Freya finds her charade as Prince Edvard difficult to maintain as she battles her own crushing grief and treacherous Tyrish nobles. With the help of her dear friend Alek and her new guardian Sir Julius, however, she’s determined not to give up. But will her new resolve and impulsive nature send her straight into the jaws of danger?!

Review- This volume picks up with Freya seeing one of her guards being kidnapped and she chases after them. In this volume she learns more about how corrupt the nobles are and what Prince Edvard was really fighting against. She has to prove herself and continue to fool everyone else that she is the real prince to save her kingdom. I am enjoying the very heavy political themes in this manga but I am not sure where the story is going, this is a story about getting free from an evil empire or a story about a girl becoming a true leader of her people? I also do not know what genre this manga is yet but I am enjoying it and I look forward to seeing what Freya is going to do next. 

I give this volume a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment