Monday, June 3, 2024

Kiss Him, Not Me!, Vol. 5

Today's post is on Kiss Him, Not Me!, Vol. 5 by Junko. It is 160 pages long and is published by Kodansha Comics. The cover has Kae with two of the main leads on it. As it is the fifth in the series, you need to have read the first four volumes to understand the story. The intended reader is someone who likes comedy, shojo, and manga tropes. There is no foul language, no sex, and no violence in this manga. The story is told from third person close of the main character, Kae. There Be Spoilers Ahead. 

From the back of the manga- Kae here! Summer vacation is over, but back at school, even cool gentlemanly Mutsumi-senpai is turning up the heat around me, so I guess even he has an intense side?
I'm seeing his passion even more now that his older brother, Mr. Mutsumi, has become a student-teacher at our school...and wants to whisk me away from all four boys!
It's brother vs. brother as the Mutsumi men both try to win my affections, but I'm enjoying this action! A fiery battle between two gorgeous bothers and a teacher-student setup?!
I never thought I'd get to see so much taboo in the flesh! I wonder if the boys can outwit such a mischievous older man...

Review- This volume is very cute. Kae's senpai Mustsumi has not really thought about his feels for her and when his brother, a student teacher, expresses interest in her, Mustsumi has to think about his feelings. Some good character growth in this volume with Kae and Mutsumi. Of course there is still Kae being a fan girl and having very silly thoughts about the boys around her. I am curious if the story is going to become a little more serious, if so I don't think that would be a bad thing. 

I give this volume a Four out of Five stars. I get nothing for my review and I bought this manga with my own money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment